Welcome to the Deopham History website.

This is a place to share information about aspects of the changing face of the village.
The menu at the top of this and every page will help you through the history that has been collected so far.
Please let me know if you have anything to add to what is already on this site, either by way of new materials or comments on what is already presented:
Geoff@DeophamHistory.co.uk.
The site was started by Phil Long who supplied much of the initial data presented here.
The key updates from the last twelve months are listed below:-
Click on the underlined text to see the details.
| 18/8/26 | 1861 Plans to update Church Farm outbuildings |
| 31/7/26 | Further images of the old Sandpit Farm |
| 20/7/26 | Additional reference to Pye Lane as Magpie Lane |
| 12/7/26 | 1843 tithe data added to Home Farm |
| 8/7/26 | Image of the old Sandpit Farm |
| 22/6/26 | Cock Lane |
| 20/6/26 | EDP article from 2002 on Sale of Hall Farm & Barns |
| 12/6/26 | Deopham Places: Mill Cottage |
| 7/6/26 | Old Place Names: Urrys; Charter Acre |
| 25/5/26 | Old Place Names: Town Green |
| 22/5/26 | Details of 1815 survey for Willow Farm |
| 11/5/26 | Further information on Pye Lane |
| 3/5/26 | Schooling in Deopham before the church school was built; Rev. J.S. Treglown as secretary of local National Schools branch; Founding terms of reference of the National Schools. |
| 2/5/26 | More information on Baylam Lane |
| 25/4/26 | Notes on Pye Lane |
| 3/4/26 | Updated The Stalland Farm |
| 2/4/26 | William Turner – a key member of the Methodist community |
| 20/3/26 | Additional material added to Low Common Chapel Updated Church Screens |
| 19/3/26 | Updated Hall Farm |
| 6/2/26 | Percy Mercer eulogy added |
| 3/2/26 | Location of field called Glocesters |
| 2/2/26 | Additional references added to Low Common Mills |
| 2/1/26 | The Stalland & Woolwhyte |
| 31/12/25 | Baylam Lane |
| 29/12/25 | Town House Lane & the Town House |
| 15/12/25 | 1953 school sports day |
| 9/12/25 | Updated Stalland Lane |
| 30/11/25 | Updated Red Brick House (Stalland Farm) |
| 23/9/25 | Four properties on The Green that share a common ancestry: The Cottage, 1 The Green, Threeways, The Green, Threeways Cottage, Gillaine |
| 17/9/25 | A Deopham vicar who thought he was underpaid |
| 3/9/25 | New page on Deopham’s name Additional photo on Park View Farm |
| 2/9/25 | More detail on Half Moon pub & blacksmith |
| 17/8/25 | Revised Map of 1797 |
| 16/8/25 | Updated references to Low Common Mills |